Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Z Book 14 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I’m hoping to speed up my Z-book a bit and have already maxed out the RAM so now i'm looking at the HDD.

I currently have a 1TB HDD and nothing in the M2 slot.  I've looked at buying a compatible M2 and have so far been sent a 2.5", a 2280 and a 2242 - all of which the seller said was compatible but none of which fits my slot, so they have all been returned.

I now believe I need an M2 2260 PCIe (not SATA) with a max size of 256GB but after making such a fist of it so far, I thought I better check first - could anyone confirm this spec is correct?  Can I only use the HP Z turbo drive, no cheaper alternatives?  Can I only use a max of 256GB?

As you would imagine I'm getting a bit frustrated with the process so far, so any advice would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After some further digging I have found the following that might help anyone who has this same question:

• Memory required is in the 2260 size with a PCIe 2x2 connector
  • this memory format was only ever produced by Sandisk and it was dicontinued some years ago
  • It was only ever offered as an OEM product - rebadged by HP as the Z-Turbo drive
  • largest size they produced was 256GB

The only options available for anyone who wants to purchase an upgrade are:

1. drop your trousers and buy from HP at silly prices (at £450 you might as well buy a new laptop)
  2. find a supplier with old stock (I found someone in the states who had some but he wouldn't ship to UK)
  3. Ebay

I managed to get a HP Zturbo branded one off ebay for £99 and got £10 knocked off with a discout code.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After some further digging I have found the following that might help anyone who has this same question:

• Memory required is in the 2260 size with a PCIe 2x2 connector
  • this memory format was only ever produced by Sandisk and it was dicontinued some years ago
  • It was only ever offered as an OEM product - rebadged by HP as the Z-Turbo drive
  • largest size they produced was 256GB

The only options available for anyone who wants to purchase an upgrade are:

1. drop your trousers and buy from HP at silly prices (at £450 you might as well buy a new laptop)
  2. find a supplier with old stock (I found someone in the states who had some but he wouldn't ship to UK)
  3. Ebay

I managed to get a HP Zturbo branded one off ebay for £99 and got £10 knocked off with a discout code.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.