Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello I have here a laptop and I'm having trouble identifying what model it is. The HP Support Assistant says that it's HP 15-bs742tx, but when I go to my PC's properties it says there that it's a HP 15-bs1xx. Which is correct?
support.pngsystem.png

Also, I asked online a official store of Kingston and it says that bs742tx are not compatible with their m.2 SATAs, on the other hand I checked online and found out that the bs1xx are compatible. 

Due to this issue I'm having a hard time choosing a SSD. I am aware that it has m.2 SATA slot since I opened the laptop so I figured I could use it. Can I use any m.2 SATA SSDs for my laptop's m.2 slot or do I have to consider something for compatibility?

If you guys have any suggestions on what specific SSDs I should buy, I'll gladly hear it. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Regardless of what model 15-bsxxx shows up, all models with the Intel core processors support M.2 SATA SSD's only, not NVMe.

You should be able to use any M.2 SATA SSD you want.

I recommend the Western Digital Blue M.2 SATA SSD's, which have the best performance for the price...at least they do in the USA.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.