Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8560P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade to a new SSG harddrive,

The current old harddrive that this machine came with is 120GB. What is the maximum hard drive size this machine can handle?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jimlan 

You're combining two different terms into one -- and that is confusing.  There is an SSD -- Solid State Drive.  There is an HDD -- Hard Disk Drive.  There is no such thing as an SSD hard drive.

The HP specs for your model show it came with a 500GB HDD.  HP PCs do not some with 120GB HDDs, so that would be an SSD.

Your easiest way to replace the HDD with an SSD is to get an SSD of the same capacity -- 500GB.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jimlan 

You're combining two different terms into one -- and that is confusing.  There is an SSD -- Solid State Drive.  There is an HDD -- Hard Disk Drive.  There is no such thing as an SSD hard drive.

The HP specs for your model show it came with a 500GB HDD.  HP PCs do not some with 120GB HDDs, so that would be an SSD.

Your easiest way to replace the HDD with an SSD is to get an SSD of the same capacity -- 500GB.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, i simply got it mixed up a bit.

Of course i should have written SSD drive.

I changed the old SSD 120GB drive for a new 240GB and it worked perfectly.

/JImi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.