Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6 6121tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have pavilion dv6 6121tx from 2013 .. it was basically 4gb ram model at the time of purchase . I have upgraded it to 8gb in 2015 with a Adata module . Now I want to make it 16gb . So what kind of ram I should go for ?
My laptop is i7 2ndgen
I have found Samsung’s M471B1G73EBO on amazon . It’s a 1600mhz stick. Will it be compatible with my system.
Please give me related suggestions.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here is your Service Manual:

Manual

This does confirm you can have up to 16 gigs RAM on the Intel-based models in the series, and yours is an Intel model.

This is the HP specified 8 gig module:

Memory modules (2, DDR3, 10600, 1333-MHz): 8 GB 634091-001

The Samsung memory you ask about is not what you need. That is low voltage DDR3L-1600 and your laptop takes regular 1.5 volt DDR3-1333 memory like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-KCP313SD8-8gb-1333mhz-Sodimm/dp/B01B5SKL40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15...

The upgrade is going to cost over $100 so be sure you really need 16 gigs. Many users see no difference in operation between 8 gigs and 16 gigs. 

Page 66 of the Manual shows how to do the upgrade. 

Post back with any further questions and please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.