3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive

HP Recommended
hp notebook 15-db0186au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using HP notebook 15-db0186au. I have an M.2 slot. I want to know whether I have a B key or M key slot or both B&M key slot in my notebook.

Also can I install Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive (which have am M key ) in my notebook. Is there any bios settings needed to get the best performance ?

3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 44,465 7,168 12,712
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M.2 is M.2. B + M or M key will fit in any M.2 slot the question is: will it work? There are NVME with B + M or M only and a few SATA with M only so the key configuration is not 100% synonymous with the transfer protocol. But, bottom line, your laptop WILL accept an NVME M.2 SSD such as the 970 Evo. Good choice. Its what I use on my laptops if I get to choose the M.2 SSD. 

See p. 2 of the Service Manual:

Manual 

The sizes listed are not exclusive. You can install a larger capacity M.2 NVME than HP offered from the factory. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

erGogoi_D
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you

0 Kudos
erGogoi_D
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the procedure to change protocol of SSD in BIOS from IDE to NVMe in hp notebook 15-db0186au before installing Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive ?

I can’t find any option showing SSD protocol in my laptop BIOS. In which Heading exactly this options should be available in my BIOS ?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation