Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 da1058tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP,

I just wanted to upgrade the SSD in hp 15 da1058tu with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2.

So, please provide confirmation if it supports? I wanted to confirm before I do purchase.

Here is the product link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07MFBLN7K/

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ashishhere

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the SSD upgrade. 

Please refer to page# 2 and 3 from the Service Guide to know more about the SSD upgrade options.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the biggest problem here at hp Support is they do not provide the straight forward answers and rather try to provide a solution where customer gets confused.

The link you provided, I have already gone through, but the issue is I am not clear what internal parts are provided from the hp by default.

Could you please provide the yes / no answer by checking the compatibility  of the hp laptop please?

HP Recommended

Most likely it will. If your laptop is less than 3 y.o it will support Gen3 PCIe NVMe, so it will support Samsung 970 Evo Plus without problem.

HP Recommended

This is pretty bogus. We have a non-answer and a wild guess. Here is the story. This is the Service Manual:

Manual 

The laptop the OP has is an i5. It has just a mechanical hard drive. As indicated by the Manual there is a slot for an M.2 SSD:

Start on p. 38 to remove the bottom cover. Inside the laptop you see this:

M.2 slot circled in redM.2 slot circled in red

The Manual indicates that a PCIe/NVME M.2 is supported so best information is that the 970 Evo Plus will work. But there is a caveat. Open the laptop before you buy an upgrade part just to be sure the slot is there. Also, there is always a remote risk that the HP will not be compatible with any specific drive which HP did not test and make available as an optional part. This seems to be less of an issue the newer the laptop, but we cannot 100% guarantee compatibility. I have put 970 Evos in several HP laptops without a problem, however. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.