Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop 15-eb1043dx

Hi.

Today i received a new HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop 15-eb1043dx and the screens hinge is very loose. If i try to stand up with my laptop in my hands the screen falls back. Is this the normal function/behavior of this model screen or is there a problem? This is a video of the screen's behavior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42H1i9aoJw

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No.

The hinges should  definitely not be loose like that.

I have had a few x360 model Spectre ultrabooks and the screen won't move until you use your hand or finger on it.

I would describe the hinge fit on that unit you have the term as sloppy. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.
I wasn't sure if this is how the Spectre x360's screen is working although i have a convertible Lenovo Yoga 940 and i don't have any similar screen problem.

Actually this is the second brand new Spectre x360 15" with the same problem. It was a replacement for a laptop I had bought 2 weeks ago with the same exactly problem. This laptop costs 2000 euros (2340 USD)  in Greece and I received 2 faulty machines. Also I discovered that the warranty was activated last October so I'm not sure if this was brand new or refurbished and they just applied the stickers and the security tape again.  I'm trying to send it back but my vendor refusing to accept it and to give me a refund saying that HP's support doesn't accept this as a faulty machine.  Unfortunately this is how HP's support treats their clients in Greece. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Christosds,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat support Team

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveenbv.
I contacted HP support and their first response is that this is the normal functionality of the screen. I have sent them another video and I'm waiting for a new reply. The situation is tragic, surreal. I start to wonder if I'm so peculiar or since the last time I bought a laptop a year ago the quality has dropped so much that they think it makes sense for the screen to drop without pressure. 

This is a new, unused very expensive laptop.

I see that you are affiliated with HP, please check the video and just tell me if this looks to you like a laptop that works properly.

https://youtu.be/9pJuPghsq3c 

Uploaded by Christos Daggas on 2021-04-01.
HP Recommended

I will ask a Moderator or Admin for some assistance for your issue. Thanks for being patient.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hey @Christosds ,

Thanks for reaching out!

One of our agents has sent you a private message to collect more details about the issue you're facing.

This way we will be able to redirected your case to an appropriate team within HP and proceed with the correct process.

Regards,

MatheusH

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.