Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I went to open my laptop, as usual, yesterday and happened to notice that the bottom-right edge of the screen lifted somewhat as I opened it to a 90-degree angle. I never use tablet mode and the hinges seem to be working properly. I have not dropped my laptop or even left home with it. It is just about a year old and very gently used. Can anyone explain with this is happening or how to fix it? I am concerned about the screen cracking or not working anymore and I am afraid to open and close it ever again.  Please HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue that I have since over a month, I hardly use this notebook maybe 4-5 hrs a week at the maximum, that too to take zoom classes. I don’t even carry that anywhere so not sure if it’s missing a screw or something else. Didn’t even know how to explain the problem and glad to see you explained it perfectly but sorry to see you have the same issue. Hope we find some answers. Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.