Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Presario CQ57-339WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, so here is the request..

I have a Presario CQ57-339WM model that is heavily modified and I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of one of these models that had been upgraded with a higher resolution screen?

Previous posts had suggested that non-HP screens could be used in a replacement scenario, so I was wondering if that included higher res screens with the same 30pin connectors?

Nothing is wrong with my current screen, I just want to make better use of my frankensario's hardware configuration. (lol) 

Mine is basically a different laptop now then it was when it was built.

I am now running a Core i7 2720QM (yes, it is a 45w TDP), 16gb of ram, a 240gb SSD, removed optical drive and replaced with a seagate 500gb 7200 rpm HDD (secondary storage) and all run on Windows 10 Pro and i use an external graphics dock when i want to lightly game on it. 

Now you can see why I want to check about the screen as well.

Not a big deal if it cannot be done, I just wanted to check into it so i didn't have my mind set on it. lol

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That model was not sold with any screen resolution higher than 1366 x 768 so odds are the cable will not drive a larger resolution monitor. There is no alternate cable available. 

HP Recommended

Not what I was hoping for, but I guess it is what it is.

The rest of my upgrades are panning out so i can't win them all.

lol

I was just hoping there was something that would work like my inspiron. It didn't have a better screen available on other models but it took one with a slightly higher res. I just figured I would cross my fingers and ask here. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.