cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
10 6 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Scroll Lock

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I use scroll lock - I cannot see anything on the keyboard?  Some people have suggested fn + C but that just prints a c.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,641 24,627 1,635 2,286
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jevenn

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to use the scroll lock key on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If your keyboard doesn’t have a dedicated scroll lock key then you can use the on-screen keyboard to turn on or off the scroll lock.

You can type “onscreen keyboard” in the Windows search and open the onscreen keyboard.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and I confirm that that works.  It's a bit cumbersome - is there no combination of key strokes to activate scroll lock without opening the onscreeen keyboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,641 24,627 1,635 2,286
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jevenn

The official Microsoft shortcut for Scroll Lock is Shift + F14. If you have an extended keyboard with an F14 key. 

You need to use the workaround I suggested to enable and disable the scroll lock or else you can use an external keyboard.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation