Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j078ca Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently added a new SSD drive to my laptop (HP ENVY TouchSmart 17") but the drive is not detected in the BIOS and doesn't show up in the Disk Manager or in the File Explorer.

The cable seems to be working fine as I tried it on the regular (main drive) and it works fine for it,

I cannot do anything to enable the drive in the BIOS as I don't seem to have access to any advanced options (locked or non-existent on my laptop).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pani0202

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please help us with the product number to help you better with this.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here's the Device ID: 23D3079B-7838-4A23-984C-8AA6ACA5D11F

Is this what you're looking for?

This is the HP Touchsmart Envy 17" laptop. with the i7 4700MQ CPU.

HP Recommended

It would be 5/6 digit alphanumeric number.

Let us know 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here's the product number: E0K99UA#ABL

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Any help with this? Anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.