Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, recently had a HP spectre stolen and had not written the serial number down but need to find it for an insurance claim. The packaging came with a warranty booklet that has a sticker with 2 barcodes on it but nothing to identify what they are.  One starts with HDX35 and is 11 characters long and the other with 940120 and is 11 characters long plus 2 dashes. Neither is recognised on the hp site as serial number but the second one matches as product Pavilion. Would the sticker be the product details or something else.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ended up contacting the shop that sold me the computer for a copy of the invoice but no serial number was documented. The shop person thought that the number on the black and gold box that it came in was the serial number of the computer but given it is 11 characters and is not recognised on the HP lookup I am not sure. But will go with it for the insurance claim.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I hope you did not throw the box away. I bought an HP Spectre x360 13t-ap000 ultrabook last year.

it has a black sticker on the outside of the box with the product number and serial number on it.

Take a closer look at the original box that HP packaged your notebook in.

That is part of the reason I keep boxes of big ticket purchases, especially electronics for one year.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Erico. I have the original box, it has a black top half and a gold bottom half. It has a single white sticker that has one number C5CDnnnnnnn but the hp lookup does not recognise it. There is also a number on the large plastic wrapper that the notebook was in 5CD8nnnnnnn but it is also not recognised (at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops ). Maybe the numbers I have identify the packaging or I am not using the correct URL to check.

Would you pls compare the format of the numbers I have posted to your serial number to see if any at least match on formatting. Also whether your serial number returns a result at the above URL

Thankyou

HP Recommended

@DadBuk Welcome to HP Community!

The serial number is an alphanumeric 10 digit number, he can verify the warranty details here - https://support.hp.com/in-en/checkwarranty/multipleproducts.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I am out of luck on this one. The 4 barcodes/numbers are each 11 characters in length and each returns: "We were unable to find warranty results for serial number/product" from the multi product look up.

I am looking for the invoice from when I purchased it, hoping it includes the SN.

Thx

HP Recommended

@DadBuk

I understand your concerns.

In that case, you have to check with the invoice copy to find the serial number.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I ended up contacting the shop that sold me the computer for a copy of the invoice but no serial number was documented. The shop person thought that the number on the black and gold box that it came in was the serial number of the computer but given it is 11 characters and is not recognised on the HP lookup I am not sure. But will go with it for the insurance claim.

HP Recommended

@DadBuk

In that case, contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.