Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 830 G5 Noteb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the Elitebook notebook with a M.2  1/2 TB PCIe NVMe SSD

I want to replace it with a 2TB HD SSD EX950 M.2 SSD. I purchased a HP SSD for the replacement.  

Like the current single physical drive, I'd like the new 2TB drive cloned/mirrored for the whole Disk 0 drive with the EFI partition, the Windows RE Tools participation and the C: partition.  

The local (Milwaukee) HP service company only does large clients.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be welcomed. 

Tom 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TGN-Wisc 

There are free clone software around. You need an adapter for around 15 dollars to connect M.2 NVMe SSD to USB-3 to be able to clone . I normally use paid software but you can use  Paragon Backup & Recovery Free or any on the following lists

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-free-and-reliable-cloning-tools/

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/best-disk-cloning-software

The current one only has 0.5TB, please

(a) Clone all 0.5TB to 2TB. 1.5TB will be unallocated

(b) Running with 0.5TB and use Disk Management to adjust size and/or make more (logical) drivers for your need.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I am not adverse to buying decent software especially if it has a better and more intuitive user interface.  

With that in mind, any software recommendation besides the free stuff?

Thanks for your assistance.

Tom

HP Recommended

one other question;  will this process produce both the EFI partition and the RE Tools OEM partition as well as the Windows C: partition?

Thanks again.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.