Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the simplepass was working fine with windows 7

but when I upgraded to windows 10-64 and the simplepass onle work fine when I restart the laptop, but when I hibernate the laptop and start again the simple pass will not work and I have to enter the password.

your help will be appriciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Omar3011

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Yes, you need to uninstall the previous version to install the new version.

You can export the passwords and login information. Follow below steps to export the web card.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Omar3011

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the simple pass software is not working when the computer goes into hibernation.

I’d love to help!

Uninstall the simple pass software from the computer and restart the computer. Download and install the software again from the below link.

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Fossette

thank you for the reply, I do appreciate.

i downloaded the new version 8.1 of simple pass and started to install it, unfortunately it requested to un-install the old one then to run the installation of the new one.

the problem now is I am afraid to lose all the login information already stored in the old version 6.0.

please advise.

best regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @Omar3011

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

Yes, you need to uninstall the previous version to install the new version.

You can export the passwords and login information. Follow below steps to export the web card.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Creators and had a similar problem.  The symptoms were slightly more obnoxious - whichever authenticator I picked, I was asked to authenticate only after a reboot - doing a Screen Lock (Windowskey-L) presented a lock screen with no authentication options and Ctrl-Alt-Del did not provide any either.  The only way to get back into the computer was to pick ReStart from the power button on the lower right (or do a hard power-off).

I experimented with renaming some of the registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Provider Filters and eventually narrowed the problem down to SimplePass/OmniPass.  Which brought me here.  And to SP71729.  (Which doesn't seem all that new - I wonder why the HP Support Assistant never offered this upgrade).

Any road up, SP71729 seems to have done the trick.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support.

The suggested changes in the registry keys are not clear, therefore it is appreciated to have step by step procedure in order to achieve the changes.

Furthermore, I discovered new fact which can help solving this problem, which is, whenever I restart the computer, the simplepass will remain working normally until i access the IE explorer. any access to the IE will cause the simplepass stop responding normally. I experienced that using Edge instead of windows 10 will not affect the performance of the simplepass. knowing that the Edge doesn’t use simplepass and saves all passwords in Edge history.

Hope you will make use of this information.

Best regards

HP Recommended

No, the registry changes were not clear.  I should make it clear that the registry changes were diagnostic, not curative - they temporarily disabled SimplePass, they didn't fix it.  They allowed me to discover that when SimplePass was disabled, my problem went away.

But I should also add that my problem wasn't just SimplePass+Creators.  I have another HP system with SimplePass loaded (a J9V55UA#ABA) that didn't have this problem.  The problem only occurred on my E1R44AV, which has a fingerprint reader (my other HP does not).  I observed (via a WinRM session when my E1R44AV was locked) that WbioSrvc was compute-bound when the screen was locked (but I don't know if this was new behavior - I haven't had a lot of cause previously to dig into what was running on my system when I wasn't using it).

The problem you're having and the problem I had are probably related, but definitely not identical.  I jumped into this thread because

1. the symptoms were similar
  2. the recommended cure (sp71729) worked for me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.