Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Victus 16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If you couldn't deduce it from my username, I bought a 1000€ worth of laptop that performs worse than my 8 year old AMD FX based PC configuration. WHY? Because of idiotic thing called Optimus which thinks it's smarter than me and decides instead of me what GPU it wants to use. System sounds great in theory because HP can boast about excellent battery life with good graphics capabilities, except it DOESN'T WORK! There is no option to disable it in Nvidia's drivers or in BIOS! It's constantly using the Internal GPU! I can't even run Blender, i can't run SketchUp, performance in Adobe Lightroom is laughable because it won't use the dedicated GPU exclusively. I will keep badmouthing HP and it's idiotic system everywhere and anywhere possible until it gets removed completely or we get the option to disable it on hardware that WE BOUGHT AND WE OWN!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @IHateOptimus 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your current system configuration before we dive deeper into the performance thing ...

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU

( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>

- Expand <Display adapters>

- Expand <Network adapters>

- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>

--->>> Send screenshot

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version: 10.0.19044 Build 19044

System Model: Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0xxx

System SKU: 4L904EA#BED

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics, 3301 MHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date: AMI F.13, 14.2.2022

specs slika.png

HP Recommended

Hello @IHateOptimus 

(1) Create Windows system <restore point>

How to Create a System Restore Point on Windows 10 or Windows 11

(2Download and install BIOS Update

HP Consumer Notebook PC BIOS Update

F.14 Rev.A12.1 MBApr 10, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
      • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
      • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(3Reboot

(4Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !

(5Download and install / update

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

27.21.14.6230 Rev.A829.9 MBMay 3, 2021Download

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9183.1 Rev.B81.0 MBJul 22, 2021Download

Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers

1.0.0.208 Rev.S  Download

(6Reboot Windows

(7Test your notebook

(8Please report your results

HP Recommended

I updated the BIOS, tried to install the drivers you listed, but the Nvidia drivers returned with an error and did not install. Other two were already up to date. Amongst other things, I'm unable to set brightness of my screen. I also tried running a PassMark test, it FAILED to finish because "my GPU does not support OpenCL or drivers are out of date". Seriously? And for example, my DirectX 10 test came back with the result of 4 (Letters: FOUR!). Something is wrong with the graphics software/drivers and I DEMAND a solution to this problem. I don't care what do you or anybody else has to do, I bought a **bleep** laptop and I want it to WORK! I need it to DO work!

HP Recommended

Hello @IHateOptimus 

Quote: "

This is a peer-to-peer forum, not HP support.

We do not work for or represent HP.

"

Recommendation

It could be a technical problem that cannot be solved by a software update. Unfortunately, I cannot help you any further.

Please contact HP Support for service repair

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.