Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-ac107nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to know if there is any way I can replace the internal hard drive (eMMC 32GB) with a bigger one. A memory of 32GB is not enough, and Windows is no more able to do the update.

Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Dewuiz 

Unfortunately NO, the eMMC chip is soldered to the motherboard. You can store user files/data on SD (or microSD) card.  Please use the following instructions to update Windows

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No, the eMMC is not soldered, there is a cable connecting the eMMC module to the motherboard (please, check attached picture).

I would like to know if there is a possibility to find a sort of adapter cable to convert that 10 pin port into a SATA port and connect a standard SSD or HDD to the SATA port.

Or, second option, if there is a bigger eMMC memory (64 GB or 128 GB) available to replace the 32 GB eMMC installed on my laptop, with the same 10 pin connection.

Thank you,

m.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello,

can anyone provide more feedback on this?

If possible, very appreciated.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Dewuiz, i have the same problem and i would like to replace the eMMC, have you found a solution?

HP Recommended

No, unfortunately I haven't... 

HP Recommended

Many tks for your prompt reply, I will make some other research and will keep you informed in case of news

HP Recommended

Hello,

Instead of changing the current emmc, there is the possibility of adding a hard drive or an ssd with this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsQpPkb_I1w

Something a little different today ... I'm doing a favor for my neighbor and upgrading his 32GB HP Notebook with a 1TB drive. These "Cloudbooks" are pretty much unusable with only 32GB of system storage available and even using "The Cloud" isn't enough to save these pieces of #%@! Let's see if we
HP Recommended

I saw that video some time ago and I thought it was the solution... But the notebook on that video is a little bit different than mine, cause I don't have that SATA connection available on the side of the motherboard. 

But thanks for your advice. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.