Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G7-1017cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,  When I go to the software driver support page for my product it says "we were unable to find drivers or support for your product".  Did HP discontinue all support for past products? If so why would they do this?  I have never encountered this with any other manufacture before. Not all laptops get replaced after a few years. My model is Pavilion G7-1017cl. I need bios and other software.  Thank you in advance. John N.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only supports your notebook for W7 since is was manufactured prior to August of 2013 and no W10 drivers are available from HP.

HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support

You can try the W7 drivers and software from your notebooks support page and hope they work on W10.

I would not recommend updating the BIOS in W10 since the file was written to be run in W7.

HP Pavilion g7-1017cl Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

There is a full set of W7 64 bit drivers available...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1617904538437.png

HP Recommended

Hi Jnor321,

You can maybe find drivers for your PC on this site: www.driverscloud.com/
It is a serious, very professional and free site. He often does me a favor.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, For some reason I am not seeing what you screenshotted me.HP.png

HP Recommended

I cant seem to get a screen shot here to show what I get

HP Recommended

What you need to do is this...

Above and slightly to the left of the "We were unable to find drivers for your product." message, in smaller type are two links to click on.

Choose a different product

Choose a different OS

Click on the Choose a different OS link.

A window will open.

On the left, you will select the Choose Operating System and your only option from the drop down menu will be Windows.

On the right side, click on the Select Version drop down menu and select Windows 7, and click on the blue Change button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.