Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-bl1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m struggling to figure out what I’m doing wrong, so I hope I can find an answer here. I have gone through all of the steps on the USB troubleshooting guide and have narrowed down the problem I seem to be having. 

USB 2.0 devices don’t work when plugged into the USB 3.0 port on my x360. In device manager there is an error on an Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried uninstalling and restarted that line item in Device manager, as well as each and all other USB line items in Device manager and nothing changes. When I connect a USB 3.0 flash drive the port works fine, but anytime I connect a USB 2.0 Device it doesn’t connect and I only get an error AFTER I’ve unplugged the device that says The last USB device you used failed. I’ve tried connecting hubs, flash drives, mouse and keyboard, midi devices... all to no avail. 

I decided to run the hardware test on USB and the test passes with a USB3.0 device, but always fails with a ISB 2.0 Device with error code: 9UWes8-8s39lj-mfpuqk-8d0u03

Ive tried updating drives automatically and downloading drivers from the HP website, but I can’t seem to make it work. I’m hoping this is an easy solution. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MatthewOrSometh Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I've validated and deciphered the error code you've mentioned and that represents a failure code: 434 (USB failure), that said, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.