Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi Phillip, Thanks for your input, in my case hibernation has not helped my situation unfortunately, I have performed a hard reset and it performs the same so I am guessing its not any of the new updates that are causing the issue. I´ve been in contact with HP support an so far they haven't come up with a solution the latest being the CS setting to 0 in the registry. 

I will wait for more feedback from them and possibly try updating the intel drivers if all fails unless you have any new suggestions that have worked out.

Are you running the new i7 10th gen?

Regards 

Kaj

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a core i7 7th generation. (7500 series)

I reinstalled all the drivers and firmware available on the support website. Things seem to have stabilized. Overnight, I just lose ~15% of the power instead of the 75% when I started troubleshooting.

I did turn off the CSenabled registry but it did not help. But that was before I reinstalled all the drivers. I am going to try it again with the new drivers.

As I was troubleshooting, I stubled upon a discussion on the Lenovo support website that describes a problem much like ours and it was resolved with a new BIOS.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and-Edge-series-Laptops/High-Battery-Drain-Wh...

I'll let you knwo if the CEenabled with the new drivers helped.

HP Recommended

Well... the problem is not fixed but I have it stabilized.

The end result is that I now only lose  about10% of the battery overnight instead of 75%.

What I did:

Reinstalled all the drivers, including the BIOS and the Intel firmware drivers, found on the X360 support webpage.

(I started with the BIOS, then the Intel branded drivers and finally, the HP drivers.)

And I turned off the CS Enable registry.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.