Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
x360 spectre 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently purchased a new Spectre x360  13" (model year 2018-19), and am not able to reach the inside: I just found two screws under the front grip stripe, but none under the rear stripe. The bottom cover, even after that I have removed those screws, is still somehow locked and connected from the inside rear part. No way to remove it: any suggestions? The 15" version is completely different, as it has two screws beneath the rear stripe, and nothing else, but, once that you remove that pair you are able to remove the bottom cover. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the answer was pretty easy to find: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06155404

Unfortunately, HP doesn't offer email support, otherwise it would have been clear long time ago. Anyway, coming from a surface, that is 100% impossible to disassemble, I can tell that upgrading this laptop is amazingly easy and comfortable. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Souther78 

What is your  Spectre x360 13" (model year 2018-19) ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0001nl

HP Recommended

ok, looks like as if nobody knows how to open this machine. It's a shame that no instructions are available, and that you cannot get information from the customer service without paying a lot of money to make a phone call that 99% won't solve the problem.

HP Recommended

the answer was pretty easy to find: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06155404

Unfortunately, HP doesn't offer email support, otherwise it would have been clear long time ago. Anyway, coming from a surface, that is 100% impossible to disassemble, I can tell that upgrading this laptop is amazingly easy and comfortable. 

HP Recommended

While the link to the HP manual was great, it did not really solve my problem, albeit I might have a different model - HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX.  Here is what I found: on the back of my laptop there are two round rubber patches / feet.  You have to pry those out to reveal screws that you then have to remove, in order to remove the cover from the back-end of the laptop.

IMG_3460.jpgIMG_3461.jpg

HP Recommended

So glad you posted this.  At first sight you realize this has to come off but it does give some resistance that then causes you to  think, maybe not.  Your post confirmed so I felt free to persist.  I found that one of those stapler removers that looks like a spatula works great to pop it off without damage. 

HP Recommended

Glad it helped!  Often when one posts it is not clear if it will or has helped anyone.  Knowing that it did, motivates one to do so more often 😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.