Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 14" 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently bought this laptop for the university. In these days I tryed to use it as I will use it in class. 

When i use it as a tablet, no matter what thermal profile I choose since when I use it as a tablet the fan is always quiet and I can't set it to stay a bit higher, the screen in the lower half and especially in the left corner (I suppose because it is on the cpu) become quite hot (I suppose like 40+ °C).  Is this normal? If it is normal there is a solution? Because like this is pretty unconfortable to use it to hand write for 3-4 hours.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update: In the BIOS there is a  moda called always on fan, i tryed to activate that but the fun still of untill the pc get decently hot (in tablet mode)

HP Recommended

Hi@Rikyuri,

Request you the following list describes some causes of excessive heat & Blue Screen issue 

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  
  • Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  
  • High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  ( Make sure Power adaptor connected to notebook )

Step  4: Update the Windows 

Step  5:Update Drivers from HP Support Assistance 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.