Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP never contacted me.  I paid 402.95USD for a refurbished motherboard from priceblaze.com.  just checked and they still have them but now at 475.53USD.  Mine is still going a year plus after repair but I only have the charger plugged in when the battery gets low.  I did the repair myself. It wasn't too bad as I recall.  Won't buy HP ever again though.

Rob

HP Recommended

Yet another X360 spectre failure here. Just 6 months outside warranty.

Like so many others mine just stopped working instantly and is just dead. No power led or anything.

I have gone from being HP biggest fan on laptops, always answering peoples questions with praise when they ask what my laptop is like "stylish, slim, light laptop... I've never seen something so slim and powerful that isn't an Apple"

That will change now it just died on my with no warning, especially when I read on here how many people have had the exact same issue. That frequency is a design flaw, not an acceptable rate of failure!

HP Recommended

I also have the HP Spectre x360 that stopped charging about 2 months out or warranty. The symptom is exactly as others have reported where the Spectre stops charging using the HP supplied charging cable. I work for a company that HP spun off, and I have to say I have always had good experiences with the engineers at HP, which lead me to choose this premium laptop for my wife, who is a very light user. I'm sure HP must understand the failure mode that existed on these Kaby Lake units (and has no doubt been fixed for future units based on the culture of quality at HP!). While I don't have any inside details, IMO,  this is a HW defect that HP should have addressed with a recall to protect their brand. I used the zoom feature of my iPhoneXS to take a picture of what appears to me to be culprit, namely, the side by side Texas Instruments PowerIC for USB C. Though I could not with certainty see the part number, I think this is a TI 64 pin BGA's (http://www.ti.com/product/TPS65983) which is far outside anything I could lift and replace myself, and even if I tried, not clear I would have the same firmware loaded onto it. I'd like someone from HP to contact me and let me know the options available for repair.

HP Recommended

Hi @Andrew_Taylor

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.