Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

My Spectre x360 14ef2xxx motherboard reports "PCI-Express 4.0 (16.0 GT/s)"

Does that mean that I'll get pci-e 4 throughput if I splurge for a pci-e 4.0 drive?

(apologies if this is a duplicate post, my 1st post disappeared)

Northbridge                        Intel IDA708 rev. 01

Southbridge                        Intel Raptor Lake-P PCH rev. 01

Bus Specification                PCI-Express 4.0 (16.0 GT/s)

Drive        0/0/-1/-1

Device Path                \\?\scsi#disk&ven_nvme&prod_sk_hynix_pc801_h#5&cea18cf&0&000000#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}

Name                        SK hynix PC801 HFS512GEJ9X101N

Revision                HPS1   

Serial                      [Personal Information Removed] 

Capacity                476.9 GB

Type                        Fixed, SSD

Bus Type                NVMe (17)

Features                

Controller                NVM Express (NVMe) Controller at bus 1, device 0, function 0

Link Speed                PCI-E 4x @ 16.0 GT/s

Volume                        c:\, 476.1 GBytes (88.0 percent available)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is correct.

HP only has the service manual for the older 14-ef0xxx model series on your notebook's support page, but even the older models had support for PCIe NVMe 4 x 4 SSD's.

See chapter 1.

HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef2000 (771X2AV) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

No doubt your notebook also came with a PCie Gen 4 NVMe SSD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that is correct.

HP only has the service manual for the older 14-ef0xxx model series on your notebook's support page, but even the older models had support for PCIe NVMe 4 x 4 SSD's.

See chapter 1.

HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef2000 (771X2AV) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

No doubt your notebook also came with a PCie Gen 4 NVMe SSD.

HP Recommended

Thanks much for the prompt reply. I couldn't find the info in the manual you referenced, but I did find the info in the "Product Information" section by selecting "Product Specifications" in the dropdown, and it's quite clear the ef2xxx supports 4x4, I'm all set!

• 2 TB PCIe® Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe™ TLC M.2 Solid-State Drive

• 1 TB PCIe® Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe™ TLC M.2 Solid-State Drive

• 512 GB PCIe® Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe™ TLC M.2 Solid-State Drive

HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef2000 series specifications

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-spectre-x360-13.5-inch-2-in-1-laptop-pc-14-ef2000/2101549629...

Screenshot 2023-07-17 185546.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The SSD information is briefly mentioned in the service manual in chapter 1 on page 1.

Primary storage M.2 solid-state drive (PCIe-4 × 4, 2280, non-volatile memory express (NVMe), three-layer cell (TLC)

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.