Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t-4000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spectre x360 13t-4000

Product K6C17AV

Serial# [personal information removed per Rules Of Participation]

My 13t-4000 died late last year and I only just got around to cracking it open. As the photograph shows a component (assuming a power regulator) fried bricking the laptop. As this failure seems to be a common complaint among purchasers of the Spectre x360 is there any path to getting this repaired at a reasonable ($200 max) price? Before frying it was still a very utile laptop and I was hoping to get more than the 2-3 years of useful life out of it. (PS- If not, next time I'm getting a Dell dude).

IMG_0266.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bassetwrangler,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you have a concern related to your HP Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via PM.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP should recall their Ambassador for their response to me:

"HI Joe,   Thank you for that information. I am happy to assist as I understand your frustration. As the unit is out of warranty by 1,000 days the cost of the repair for the motherboard is $577.99.  A typical repair takes 7-10 business days and I can even expedite the shipping on your behalf. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.   Best, TrinitySoMe Executive Escalations Social Media Ambassador CS Americas HP Inc.  Palo Alto CA USA"

I have declined their offer, will dispose of the burned up Spectre x360, and will never purchase or recommend the purchase of an HP product. This added insult to injury.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.