Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 450g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure this is a hardware issue or windows issue, but I have a Probook 450g6.  16GB or ram & I7 with a 500gb SSD.  It is running W10Pro.  It is fully up to date with Windows, HP, Intel, etc updates.

But there are 2 issues.

1. It is slow.  Slow to boot ( yes I eliminated unnecessary start up items), slow to wake, just slow to do most things.  I've a much cheaper Pavillion I3/12GBram/500GB SSD that runs circles around the 450.  The 450 was slow the day I bought it almost a year ago.  It looks like it has a low quality SSD.  Could that be the issue?  It seems the Pavillion would have an even slower SSD.

2.  From day one, any update seemed to cause a BSOD.  I just did a reset recently & W10 was pulled from the cloud so it has the latest from MS.  But when I check for MS updates now, the  450 constantly sees KB4583263 as an update even though it has successfully installed it before.

I paid a premium price for the 450 & have been disappointed in it so far.

Any thoughts? 

Thanx - Bob

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Homer1952 wrote:

... the  450 constantly sees KB4583263 as an update even though it has successfully installed it before.

@Homer1952 

You can check update History to see it actually works or not. There is one KB called Definition Updates will run everyday (or when you logon after few days) as shown

def updates.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

By saying: ...even though it has successfully installed it before. ...I meant it shows up in the Update History as successfully installed.  Maybe I could have stated it more clearly.

-Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.