Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Split x2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

Last year my split X2 base unit had completely stopped working. I took it in to get it repaired and the man suggested ordering a new base unit. I cannot charge the top half of the table, or use the keyboard, and the touchscreen stopped working before this all happened and I had to frequently use the base keypad to gointo the device manager and get the touchscreen to work. So now you see I can't get the touch screen to work since the keyboard doesn't work and I essentially cannot use my laptop for anything. I'm searching the HP parts list and cannot find a complete keyboard, I do not need just a component but the whole thing. 

Where would I find the complete keyboard base unit? I have tried to search it in the parts list. 

Also I had only had it about 8 months and so I'm not sure why it has so many hardware and software issues. 

So now I'm hoping to fix it to actually use it.... 

p.s. I do not have the laptop with me, but I will next week,  so my model may be wrong. It could be the pavillion. So in any case, where could I find these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MTU_mech_engr1

Split X2 is not the full model number - hopefully the model is on the unit somewhere else, if the computer was purchased from HP.com, the model information will be included in the Order confirmation emailed to you when you purchased the computer. 

When you can find the Product Number for the computer, try / consider:

Parts Surfer

• Select a Country and then enter your device Product Number in the Quick Search box.
  • To see a system-specific list, enter your Serial Number in place of the Product Number.
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase.

Parts may be available from

HP Parts Store

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples

Find Parts for HP Computer – Device

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MTU_mech_engr1

Split X2 is not the full model number - hopefully the model is on the unit somewhere else, if the computer was purchased from HP.com, the model information will be included in the Order confirmation emailed to you when you purchased the computer. 

When you can find the Product Number for the computer, try / consider:

Parts Surfer

• Select a Country and then enter your device Product Number in the Quick Search box.
  • To see a system-specific list, enter your Serial Number in place of the Product Number.
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase.

Parts may be available from

HP Parts Store

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples

Find Parts for HP Computer – Device

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you I will try that. I'm just wondering if it is a hardware issue or something in my device manager or another software issue... I don't think I can return parts off this site?

HP Recommended

@MTU_mech_engr1

You are welcome.

@MTU_mech_engr1 wrote:

Thank you I will try that. I'm just wondering if it is a hardware issue or something in my device manager or another software issue... I don't think I can return parts off this site?

Correct, the forum does not handle returns.

Check the Warranty status and then contact HP Technical Support.  Explain the issue and ask for help / options.  A tech can help you decide what needs to be done.

If you are in the USA / Canada, fill out the form and submit -- contact information will be provided.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

USA / Canada

Fill in form (and explain issue / question) to receive Case Number and Contact Information

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Contact Information - Including UK

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English-Speaking Countries

HP World-Wide Support

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpgWarranty Check

HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check

Optional Coverage Plans:

Enter your product number in the form to view various Warranty plans available for that system:

Care Pack Central

CarePack Definitions:

Care Pack Services Definitions

HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)

1-866-724-8600

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.