Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 ck020nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon, i’ve a question to how to choose and SSD m.2 for my Notebook. I’ve a pavilion 15 ck020nl and in my notebook there’s a slot like in pic attached. I don’t know which ssd to buy between these two.

Thanks anticpately

My pcMy pc

BC61FFE3-923B-4D85-8295-D7896D0C47B7.jpeg

ABFEA261-18AE-4C73-8BA8-D308736DE494.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Either M key or B + M key will fit in the slot. As I said above most NVME M.2 SSDs are "M" keyed but not all; a few are B + M. All SATA M.2s I have ever seen are B + M. Your laptop will work with NVME so you do not want a SATA. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

You have already figured out where the slot is:

M.2 slot circled in redM.2 slot circled in red

Your laptop can take either a SATA M.2 SSD 2280 or a PCIe/NVME. Both of the SSDs in the pictures you posted are NVME kind. 

The Kingston is an odd one because it is NVME but is a B + M key which you more usually associate with SATA. The other one is a more normal form factor but a manufacturer I do not know. Of those 2, I would get the Kingston but if you can find a Samsung 970 Evo or Evo Plus that is what I really recommend. 

Post back with any other questions but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

first of all thanks for answer. In any case could I use ssd type B or type B + M with this slot?

HP Recommended

i've send the wrong pic. This is my M2 slotIMG_0090.jpg

HP Recommended

Either M key or B + M key will fit in the slot. As I said above most NVME M.2 SSDs are "M" keyed but not all; a few are B + M. All SATA M.2s I have ever seen are B + M. Your laptop will work with NVME so you do not want a SATA. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.