Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-al112nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I got lost in this issue I'm having;

I own hp pavilion 14-al112nj, 

And recently I bought a SSD Hard Drive :

samsung ssd 980 nvme m.2 500gb.

1.Does this hard drive compatible with my pc?

I connected properly the drive, it fits right on perfectly exactly. M.2 connector is exactly as the drive "teeth".

But trying to install new Win 10, the computer does not recognize the driver, so as i read in Google, I downloaded the drivers from hp website ,extracted them files *inf etc. 

I installed them, and the scan still doesn't seem to recognize, also the PC itself, and BIOS is very minimal and does not give any info for harddrives.

Tried installing more chipset drivers, tried the Intel rapid driver storage. And still I fail to get it. 

2. The reason could be I need to get a very specific driver suited to this model? Where can i find ? And which one ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear @Manbar 

unfortunately your laptop is not M.2 NVMe compatible, it only supports M.2 SATA-3.

My help is volunteer
- If I can help you solve your query or problem, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button to reply that the response was helpful in the message.
HP Recommended

SATA M.2 SSD only on that model

Service Manual 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.