Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 cd0024na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

My friend has given me his computer to fix due to some software issues, But I have discovered that his built in keyboard on the laptop, is broken. 

Now the reason I'm here is that I am struggling to find a replacement keyboard for this laptop. And I am hoping that somone might know where I could purchase one? 

I am not a fully qualified computer technician but I know nearly enough as one anyway. Mostly Self taught.

But anyway, that's all I need help with. So hopefully someone can find me a keyboard replacement from somewhere.

Thank you.

Terran. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is your Service Manual:

Manual 

Page 15 item 2 lists keyboard/top cover replacement parts. On recent model laptops the keyboard tends to be bundled with the whole top cover as a replacement part which means if you just look for a keyboard you may not find anything. It also makes the repair a lot more expensive and difficult than a simple keyboard replacement. 

Post back if you want to discuss further. 

HP Recommended

Hey Huffer, 

Thank you so much for replying to my issue.

I haven't got a clue why I didn't think of finding the manual to the laptop. I guess sometimes you can't remember everything. Thank you for finding the manual for this particular model anyway. and yes I'd like to discuss this issue further, if you have any suggestions? As I previous said I do have a lot of experience in fixing issues with computers. But I don't know everything, but we all probably don't know everything. 

Thanks!

Terran. 

HP Recommended

Well, you need to find the part number you need in the Manual and then we search for the part. Maybe HP has it in its part store, maybe we have to go to a parts house seller. Then we find the best instructions for install. 

HP Recommended

Well, yeah definitely. I know how to install a new keyboard, slash base. just finding the part is very difficult. I've searched the HP store for the serial/ part number, and no results. so any suggestions would defo be of help and well appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.

Terran. 

HP Recommended

So which part number do you need?

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for the late reply. and thanks again for your help!

Apparently I need this part, and the part number is L58645-xx1. The green, black lit keyboard. 

I don't normally come across this problem, where I can't find parts for computers etc. But this one seems to be a difficult one!

Thanks!

Terran.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.