Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs015dx laptop-intel core i5-7200U
I just receive yesterday(12/16/17) the hp laptop that i bought online (souq.com)/amazon,ofcourse there r some procedure or instruction the system gave b4 using the laptop properly,then after that i finished those start up procedure,i turn it off again..coz i have work to do,then when i open again,,there is msg that saying SYSTEM dtected a problem,the cooling fan is not working properly,and its recommended to discontinue using to avoid further problem,and another thing why the display is not waking from
sleep mode,i pressd key to wake it up fist the display picture will appear thwn suddenly close again,when i pressd any key again,no more,so i need to preess power again to start,then the syst msg will apper again abouy the cooling fun prob.,i cant connect now mu laptop to internet,coz im afraid,,about this problem,,coz it says,dont use to avoid further problem.,im a firstimer laptop owner,i dont have much knowledge with computers especially laptop only basic,im in a process of learning this kind of tech,so. Help me guys what i will do,thank you
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Newbie1532,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

As I understand the cooling fan isn't working properly,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you getting any error code along with the message-Cooling fan not working?

Have you attempted to update the BIOS?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

1. If you notice that the system fan spins and is blowing warm air from the computer, clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Do this while the computer is off. Dust can accumulate inside the vent opening and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat. After dust has been removed, try turning on the computer to see if the error goes away. if not, continue to the next step.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

2. Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again — even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service. For information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

3. In some cases, updating the BIOS may help prevent this error from occurring. For information on how to update your BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

For now please try to perform the steps from these links:

• Link 1: HP Notebook PCs - System Fan (90b) error message on startup: http://hp.care/2vGhUAA
  • Link 2: HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: http://hp.care/2vGhV7C then check if the issue gets resolved.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sleep mode not working,, why it went off? I need to atart or turn on again my laptop,
HP Recommended

Hi @Newbie1532,

As I understand the system isn't waking up from sleep mode,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you install any recent Windows or Bios updates that could have caused this issue?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Did you perform a system restore to an earlier working date?

While you respond to that, Please follow the below steps to resolve your concern: 

Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager. 

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 

3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

1. Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 

2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps. 

3. For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks) 

For more steps, please Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.