Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-ch0000 (23T01AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there,

For about 2 months now, my laptop has had an issue with its cooling fan where when it first comes on, can’t seem to start running consistently, getting stuck in this loop of restarting itself indefinitely. This in turn causes my device to run really slowly to a point where it’s inefficient to work with. When I try to restart the device, then the error message appears (although doesn’t when I instead just shut it down). What’s even more annoying is the fact that it fixes itself after about 2 days, and the fan works and sounds brand new as if nothing was ever wrong, only then for the issue to start all over again! I have done a bios updated which did nothing, so I’m not particularly sure what now is the best thing to do as I’m not the greatest with hardware. I’ve had the laptop for just over 2 years now and use mainly music related software on it. I really hope to fix this soon as I rely on it a great deal for university related work and can’t keep waiting for it to fix itself.

Any response / thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

IMG_6520.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.