Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
T15-DK200
Microsoft Windows 11

I want to upgrade the RAM in my T15-DK200. When I was on the phone with HP support, they told me to replace with 2666Mhz DDR4. However, when I ordered the laptop it came with 3200Mhz RAM and when customizing this laptop on the HP website store, the RAM is also listed as 3200Mhz. I plan to install a single 16Gb stick to leave room for upgrading in the future, but I want to be sure I get the right thing. I cannot find any information about the laptops motherboard and I want to know why I would choose 2666Mhz versus 3200Mhz. Let me know what you think. Thanks for any help you can offer!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Looking at the service manual for your laptop- Service Manual on page 25 it shows as coming with both speeds of ram. If you are keeping one module that came with the laptop, get the same brand and model but larger size. HP consumer laptops don't care for performance ram, Crucial is most reccomended here.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.