Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I switch on the notebook and after windows loads, the keyboard and mouse are not working. However when I boot into the BIOS settings menu the keyboard is working but the mouse is not working also

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks for your port and welcome to HP Forum

Since keyboard is working fine in bios mode it cannot be hardware issue

***Mouse usually does not work in Bios mode***

kindly perform system restore through F11 

If you are not getting any options in F11 , kindly take data back up and reinstall operating system

I am an HP Employee 
Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below
HP Recommended

I am an HP employee.

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that you are facing a concern with keyboard not working in BIOS.

As keyboard working in BIOS mode and not working in windows mode.

I would suggest you to take data backup and reinstall OS.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

Hope this helped

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

From Past two days my laptops keyboards not working...

Mainly, all special characters,numbers etc.

Formated and tried ..result is same...

Can anyone give me a solution for this...

Thank You,

Rgds,

Biju

HP Recommended

Hi 

Could you please check which generation processor it is?

If it is 6th gen proc(skylake) then usb ports might not work

you need to install windows 10 else we have altenate method to install windows 7 in skylake proc

kindly reach out to us on call so that we can guide you 

I am an HP Employee 
Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.