cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The keys on my laptop is silver on silver (Model: 14s-dq1505sa 14" Laptop)

HP Recommended
14s-dq1505sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keys on my laptop is grey on silver (Model: 14s-dq1505sa 14" Laptop). The laptop doesnt seem to have a backlight.

I am finding it very difficult to type, especially in low light.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
28,477 28,397 2,600 6,233
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PrasenjitG1 

I wish I had encouraging news for you -- but I don't.

The different model laptops have different keyboards, but they are not interchangeable; instead, they are model-specific.

If you use this tool, you can see the parts available for your model and if an alternate keyboard can be used: HP Notebook PCs - Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts | HP® Customer Support 

If so, you can buy it from HP, if they have it, but you should not attempt to change it yourself.  There is a serious risk of breaking fragile connectors and cables doing this -- so I do not recommend it.

Instead, I would recommend you hunting down a local laptop repair place to have THEM replace the keyboard. Sometimes, on some models, you have to replace the entire top surface of the laptop, not just the keyboard. So you should get an estimate of what is involved before you have the work done.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation