Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
7265NGW
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

I have purchased an hp laptop that doesn't have a cd port for some reason; i looked it up on the internet and it turns out that indeed some models come without out one and i am okay with that. However i got in the box with my laptop a cd; what is the use of this cd? And why did i get it even though i can't put it in my laptop? Ps the cd is called "USER GUIDES" 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is interesting that you identified your notebook as a mini-pcie wifi adapter.

A product number or a product name would be much more appropriate and accurate.

With most new HP notebooks you can use the Esc+Fn keystroke while logged into Windows  to identify the product correctly.

Notebooks that are 14" or smaller do not come delivered with an optical disk.

You can find the same information that is on the CD at the product support web portal for your notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank for trying to help me and mentioning how to get my product number. But i still don't know the use of this CD i got with my laptop woth the fact that it doesn't have a cd slot

HP Recommended

Well the solution for that is something I and many others have been using for at least five years.

I purchased a portable USB optical disc re-writer (DVD burner) years ago just for that purpose.

Like most other people, I no longer bother with DVD or CD products. They are obsolete, slow and too easily damaged.

I use USB flash drives that even have USB 3.1 Type-C connections that have far superior read and write speed.

If you have the product number it is a simple matter of using the product number + support to find the HP support portal. Click on the user manuals section in the  web support document to see and read the pdf version of the manual right on your notebook's LCD display.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.