Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I don’t know what I could do or who can help. I don't know if this is a hardware failure? I have a Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0xxx laptop. I recently put up the latest BIOS. The error may be independent of this, but since then 5-10 minutes of play has been followed by heat disaster. Tickets to this effect are in the event log:

Napló neve: System
Forrás: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Dátum: 2020. 08. 15. 12:14:24
Eseményazonosító:88
Feladatkategória:(85)
Szint: Hiba
Kulcsszavak: (32)
Felhasználó: SYSTEM
Számítógép: LAPTOP-U3731U4F
Leírás:
A rendszer egy kritikus termikus esemény miatt hibernálva lett. (The system has hibernated due to a critical thermal event)
Hibernálás ideje = ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎15T10:14:24.603913500Z
ACPI-termikus zóna = \_TZ.THRM
_HOT = 373K   (= 99.85°C)
Esemény XML:
<Event xmlns=" ">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>88</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>85</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000020</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-15T10:14:24.6045120Z" />
<EventRecordID>11715</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="17160" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>LAPTOP-U3731U4F</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="ThermalZoneDeviceInstanceLength">9</Data>
<Data Name="ThermalZoneDeviceInstance">\_TZ.THRM</Data>
<Data Name="HibernateTime">2020-08-15T10:14:24.6039135Z</Data>
<Data Name="_HOT">373</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The laptop is 2 months old, so far no problem. The room temperature is 24-25 Celsius. I work on it during the day, I play in the evening. The room is air conditioned. Before the trouble occurs, the fan spins a lot. In this case, I monitor the temperature on the other monitor with the GPU-Z software.

How can I fix this error?

Config (Hungarian):

Operációs rendszer
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Mikroprocesszor
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

Rendszermemória
16 GB

1 memória-bővítőhely
8GB Hynix 2667MHz
2 memória-bővítőhely
8GB Hynix 2667MHz

Alaplap
86D6 96.42

Rendszer BIOS
F.08

Videó
1 grafikus eszköz
DisplayLink USB Device

Aktuális felbontás
1920 x 1080

Frissítési gyakoriság
75 Hz

Verzió
9.3.3324.0 (4. 16. 2020)

2 grafikus eszköz
DisplayLink USB Device

Aktuális felbontás
1920 x 1080

Frissítési gyakoriság
144 Hz

Verzió
9.3.3324.0 (4. 16. 2020)

3 grafikus eszköz
AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics

Aktuális felbontás
1920 x 1080

Frissítési gyakoriság
144 Hz

Verzió
26.20.14054.1001 (6. 5. 2020)

4 grafikus eszköz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design

Aktuális felbontás
1920 x 1080

Frissítési gyakoriság
60 Hz

Verzió
27.21.14.5167 (7. 5. 2020)
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I only use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design video card, the Display Link is due to the multi monitor layout, it works from USB.

HP Recommended

@Foghorn73

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Echo Lake!

HP solution is up to date.

Foghorn73_1-1597858462789.png

But Windows update is faulty.

"Error occured"

"One of the update services is not working properly, but you can run a troubleshooter to try to resolve the issue. Click Start, select Settings> Update and Security> Troubleshooting, and then select Windows Update."

But it does not work.

Foghorn73_0-1597858187883.png

This video means lot of helps, the condition of my laptop a littlebit better:

https://youtu.be/0HmZvSZW-L4

Waiting for your answer and best regards!

HP Recommended

@Foghorn73

Thank you for posting back.

HP constantly strives to improve its products and periodically provides updates for software, drivers. So, keep your HP or Compaq computer up-to-date and running smoothly by updating the software on a regular basis.

Visit the following document to know how to update your HP computer to have the latest software and drivers available.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.