7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Top cover crack

HP Recommended
Pavilion Bc-406tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The top cover in my laptop has developed a crack as shown in the attached images. There is also a mark on my screen, image attached, which is always white and indicates damaged screen. 

According to my reasoning, this is due to the left hinge of my laptop, as the base where it is possibly attached has  the crack and just above on the screen is the "white mark". 

I don't know if it is related, but both the right and left hinges are not identical by manufacturing. The mid section of the right hinge is free and can move sideways while left one is totally fixed.

Although the laptop is 2 or 2.5 years old, and used often (opening and closing), I have always taken immense care while operating my laptop and therefore it is hard for me to believe that the issue  is due to my careless operation.

The laptop is under extended warranty ending this year. I am interested in repairs and costs/charges. If there is anything that can be done to bring down the repair cost, please let me know as I am unwilling to spend a large sum.

All thoughts are welcomed.

Thank you for your time

CrackCrackcrack zoomed incrack zoomed inScreen damageScreen damage

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,946 20,933 1,274 1,298
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@STEELKANT

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation