Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
[Private information removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchpad isn't working since the beginning, I'm a newbie to these stuffs and I don't understand them much. I think Synaptics Driver isn't installed and I can't find it anywhere from the HP Softwares and Drivers.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Head_scar

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Let me tell my problem thoroughly. My laptop is HP ProBook 450 G7.

When I found that touchpad isn't working.

1. I went to the Settings>Devices. But there was only 'Mouse' option(it should be Mouse & Touchpad). Point 1Point 1

2. Then I went to Device Manager>Mice and other pointing devices, opened Propertise, found no 'Touchpad' option.Screenshot (17).png

3. Then I downlaoded and installed all the software and drivers from HP support community(except Intel(R) chipset Device Software for Comet Lake was not being installed, it says 'No longer applicable').Screenshot (15).png

4. I downloaded and installed Synaptics Driver from a website, but still found no 'Touchpad' word anywhere in this laptop.

5. I downloaded these drivers from support.hp.com - Synaptics Mouse Firmwire Update Utility, Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake, Intel Chipset Device Software - Comet Lake, HP Hotkey Support, HP Wireless Button Driver, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. Installed all of them, still found nothing.

6.  Yesterday I found a Touchpad option in Settings>Personalization>Taskbar>Turn System icons on or off. I turned the Touchpad option on but it get turned off automatically.Screenshot (18).png

7. And yes, i also tried unlocking the touichpad by double tapping the upper left corner,

8. I'm also adding extra screenshots relating to this issue: Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (11).png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.