Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an i5 compatible CPU for my touchsmart 520. I cannot figure out how to upgrade the BIOS to accept it. I did put windows 10 on it which works great. It has a PEGATRON 2AC3 motherboard. HP upgrade tool wont recognize the OS (because I wasn't supposed to upgrade to WIN10 ???????) Any help appreciated so I can get this CPU in. I know the CPU is compatible (sandy bridge 65w LGA-1155) Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dylanmoses

Welcome to the HP support community.

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

fully understand I could break the computer altogether.... but it's old and I accept the risk... can you point me in the direction as to how to update the bios in the 520-1030. thanks

HP Recommended

@dylanmoses If you must upgrade it, like I said you may do so at your own discretion, via a local tech store as HP doesn't support the same,

I hope you understand.

And Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.