Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Touchsmart 520 CPU Upgrade - How do I Update BIOS??

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an i5 compatible CPU for my touchsmart 520. I cannot figure out how to upgrade the BIOS to accept it. I did put windows 10 on it which works great. It has a PEGATRON 2AC3 motherboard. HP upgrade tool wont recognize the OS (because I wasn't supposed to upgrade to WIN10 ???????) Any help appreciated so I can get this CPU in. I know the CPU is compatible (sandy bridge 65w LGA-1155) Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,707 22,600 1,242 1,341
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dylanmoses

Welcome to the HP support community.

I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fully understand I could break the computer altogether.... but it's old and I accept the risk... can you point me in the direction as to how to update the bios in the 520-1030. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,868 28,821 2,388 3,604
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dylanmoses If you must upgrade it, like I said you may do so at your own discretion, via a local tech store as HP doesn't support the same,

I hope you understand.

And Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation