Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500 -164 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In preparation to upgrade to Windows 11, I'm receiving a prompt that my computer does not meet the system requirements for Windows 11.... specifically, that TPM is detected on my HP desktop PC and requires TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on the system.  Does anyone know the step-by-step instructions for enabling TPM on my PC??  Is a TPM even on my PC as part of the operating system??

In addition, Windows 11 does not currently support my processor.  The processor is an AMD A-8 6500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics.  Please help me!!  Want to be able to upgrade to Windows 11 and not be stuck with Windows 10 or worse, be forced to go out and purchase a new PC after I just spent over $300 cleaning and tuning up this PC

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion 500-164 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

It does not come with a TPM, and there are no supported W11 processors you can upgrade to.

This does not necessarily mean you can't install W11 on your PC, but you would have to perform a clean install and reinstall all of your programs and files.

If you want to see if W11 works on your PC, you would have to perform a clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows11

See this article.  3rd headline from the bottom.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-11-how-to-get-it-now-or-later/?ftag=TREc64629f&bhid...

If for some reason, W11 does not work correctly on your PC, you can reinstall W10.

I currently have W11 clean installed on two PC's that I have that do not meet the requirements for the W11 upgrade and they both work fine on W11 so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.