Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

This is an amazing laptop, but this issue - as silly as it may seem - is frankly a near deal breaker.

HP Recommended
Please HP release a software upgrade on which we can disable the F5 permanent backlight. Its so distracting and really its not necessary to see this F5 button lighten up all the time. Please fix this problem.

Nice lapotp but how come i can't disable this light? With all the money spent I should be able not to see a light on this button.

Thank you
HP Recommended

I just recived my Spectre x360 and spent an hour trying to figure out how to turn of that stupid light.  It seems rediculous that HP feels that users need that one button lit up constantly.  Please give us an option to enable/disable that as a user option.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

File name: sp71197.exe

Release details

Released: Apr 21, 2015

Version F.12 Rev.A

Fix and enhancements

- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes the system to shutdown unexpectedly.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system displays a fan fault alert message in error when the fan is functioning properly.- Provides an improved help message for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) state in the F10 BIOS setup option.
-Provides the ability to enable or disable the audible password prompt (beep) for the BIOS administrator login or Power-On Password. The audible prompt is disabled when the Power On Self-Test (POST) Hotkey Delay setting is set to 0.

(Please ensure that this is the correct BIOS update softpaq for your particular model, but note the last fix listed.)

I did promise to update you when I was sure that there was a solution. I hope this works well for you!
------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I don't understand.  Could you please explain this and how to use it.

HP Recommended

Sorry - it's a BIOS update (read this for more detail on updating the BIOS: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-13-4000-x360-Convertible-PC/7527520/model/7728869/doc... )

Also, I posted this in the wrong thread (have not had enough coffee this morning - my apologies). This update addresses other issues, including how to turn off the password beep. It does not address the F5 LED. Sorry!

------------

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I just wanted to chime in that this is a real problem for me. If it's not fixable by future software updates, then please let us know. In that case, I'm returning the laptop for something else. If it is fixable by future software, I'll consider waiting. Thanks.

HP Recommended

The issue is currently under investigation. I cannot give you a timetable, but I'd urge you to consider waiting. 🙂

------------

HP Recommended

I want to chime in too.  This is ridiculous and annoying.   HP, please fix it.

HP Recommended

I'm waiting for this too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.