Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a new HP Stream 11 with the 1.6 processor and 4 gb of ram. It takes a microsd card.

I was going to order a 32gb one. What type should i get.. i see there are different ones.

Is SDHC okay?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, Samsung or Sandisk. I have not tried other brands.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many around such as the following ones (microSD's):

http://cplonline.com.au/memory-card/sd-card-micro-sd.html

Note: Samsung is a good example.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The reason I'm asking is because I read somewhere that the HP stream will only work with a few types of micro sd  cards. I think someone stated somewhere that one of the major types will not work. Maybe the info was wrong or i misundersood.

In any case, an SDHC micro sd card should be okay right?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, Samsung or Sandisk. I have not tried other brands.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Sandisk and Samsung always seem to have good reviews.  If you want a specific model recommendation, after doing some research I settled and have been using the following card in my HP Stream 11laptop (33 programs installed and half the space used) and Moto G 3rd gen smartphone, both for 18 months without a single issue.  It was a good speed to price ratio in my opinion, at the time at least.  I also have 4 Sandisk USB flash drives which are used heavily running Linux without any issues.

Purchased on Amazon:

SanDisk Extreme 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-032G-GN6MA)

According to Amazon it has been replaced by a newer model:

SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-032G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post! I have been looking everywhere for information regarding what type of SD card I should use on my HP Stream. Now I will be able to purchase the correct one!

@pjc123 wrote:

Sandisk and Samsung always seem to have good reviews.  If you want a specific model recommendation, after doing some research I settled and have been using the following card in my HP Stream 11laptop (33 programs installed and half the space used) and Moto G 3rd gen smartphone, both for 18 months without a single issue.  It was a good speed to price ratio in my opinion, at the time at least.  I also have 4 Sandisk USB flash drives which are used heavily running Linux without any issues.

Purchased on Amazon:

SanDisk Extreme 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXNE-032G-GN6MA)

According to Amazon it has been replaced by a newer model:

SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-032G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]

Cheryl Morcom
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.