Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 15t-k200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This started a few months back when my USB Drive suddenly would not show when plugged in.  I get the "bing" then nothing.  I researched it on and off.  I finally found the USB 3.0 Root Hub has "device not migrated" under Properties/events tab.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled this device with no luck.  I have NOT done an uninstall and reboot for detection (just uninstalled then told it to look for HW changes).  The driver is dated 3/18/2019  10.0.18362.1

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Update. I have now done an uninstall of all USB devices (including hidden ones that also said device not migrated) and then completed a reboot.  Upon reboot all USB devices reloaded with the same error.

HP Recommended

@MikeWN1 Greetings from the HP Community!

There are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

1. Type cmd in the search box from Start. Then right-click on Command Prompt from the top to select Run as administrator.
  2. Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
    Type sfc /scannow and press Enter on your keyboard.
  3. Wait till Verification 100% complete(usually it may take 15-45mins). If any damaged file exists, the system file checker would repair them.

4. Reboot your windows 10 to check to see if you could use the not migrated device before.

Install all available BIOS, and Chipset drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same,

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I previously did steps 1-4 with no success.  When I go to the HP site or HP assistant and search for drivers it brings up a blank.  I cannot find the BIOS or Chipset driver updates.  Bios version is Insyde F.36 2/2/2015.  No idea the Chipset version or driver dates.  Computer is**edited

HP Recommended

@MikeWN1 I suggest you go to the HP drivers page directly and check for updates: click here to find and install the same,

Also, if the above doesn't help, try to reinstall the driver for your not migrated device:

Like if error occurs on your Keyboard:

1. Right-click on the Start menu to select Device Manager.
  2. In the USB section,  right-click on your USB device and choose Uninstall (delete the driver)
  3. Reboot your Windows 10 computer. Windows 10 will automatically reinstall the keyboard driver for you.
  4. Check to see if you could use the not migrated device before.

If nothing helps, create a backup of your personal data on an external storage device or online storage and perform a system reset: click here for steps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have previously updated all the drivers from the HP support app. It doesn't find anything to update (despite the USB driver being from 2006)...seems like there should be something newer.

My OP stated I have already uninstalled all USB instances and rebooted allowing them to be discovered and reinstalled. (including hidden USB devices)

Resetting the computer to fix a USB storage issue seems like blowing up a house to get rid of a spider.  That would sign me up for an entire day of reloading apps and getting my computer back into operation.  Is there not a newer driver to address this (non-oem or otherwise)?

HP Recommended

@MikeWN1 Well, that's a good analogy, however, we are merely getting the house quarantined due to spider infestation, not blowing it up, 

Also, since you are concerned about the time it may take to reload the apps, perhaps, you could create a new user account and check if that works fine, if yes, you can simply transfer the data to the new account and delete the old one, as it could be a software conflict as well, since there are no new driver updates available to fix this issue, as off now.

If the new account doesn't work either, you may need to proceed with backup and reset.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What do you mean "create a new user account"?  You mean an alternative login to the computer?

Thx

HP Recommended

@MikeWN1 Yes, another administrator account, if there are any software conflicting on the device, we can narrow it down.

let me know how that pans out,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nope. Same issues. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.