cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB-C Port stopped working (Chromebook)

HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360 – 14-da0001ng
Chrome OS

Hello,

I got my new Chromebook x360 - 14 just a couple months ago, in July 2020. After using it a couple months, since November  one of the two USB-C ports is not working anymore.

Usually, the device offers two USB-C ports which can both be used for charging the Chromebook, as well as data transfer. But since November for some reason my Chromebook is neither charging through the port on the left, nor recognizing any devices (hard drive, smartphone etc.) plugged into that USB-C port on the left.

On the other hand, all USB-C functions work just fine when using the USB-C port on the right – my Chromebook is charging through the port on the right. The USB-C port on the left however stopped performing all of its usual functions, though there is no visible damage to it. 

Is there anything I can do to solve the problem – or to at least find out if the issue lies with the hardware or software? I could not find a support contact and would be thankful for any help.

Nicolas

(from Germany, Europe)

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation