Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

USB Port Stopped Working

HP Pavilion X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

The USB port on my laptop has stopped working, I've run the diagnostics and the error code below came up:

64VBVV-7NN8K5-MFGJMG-8D6X03

Is this problem fixable?

Thanks,

Glen

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4365
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

USB Port Stopped Working

Hi,

What is the exact model name, product number of your laptop?

Which USB port stopped working?

The failure ID means your USB port failed and need to replace. It depends on which side port failed and exact model you have, whether to replace whole motherboard or USB daughter board.

Regards

Visruth
I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
GlenF1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

USB Port Stopped Working

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. There's only one USB port so I'm guessing it's okay if the main motherboard. The usb-c port is still working so I'll order a hub for that as relaxing the motherboard sounds as pricey a buying a whole new one!

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12987 12923 1689 4365
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

USB Port Stopped Working

You're welcome.

This one would be good: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/iogear-hub-c--usb-c-to-4-port-usb-a-hub-with-power

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation