Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

When i connect USB Flash to my Computer not work or not detected! Why?

I goto Device manager see this

hp1.jpghp2.jpg

Is problem not work for here?

For fist fix i Try Unistall USB3 eXtensible Host Controller but still not work my USB Flash

Also Try for USB Root Hub same problem

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sammoh 

Does it work with a different computer ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Flash USB yes worked in another computer, Aslo it's not problem just for one Flash also when connect External Hard Disk not detect

HP Recommended

@Sammoh 

What is your computer ? This can be due to software/drivers problem or hardware problem.

Your machine must have more than 1 USB port. Have you tried other port(s).  If no luck. Re install Windows 10 may help.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Can tell me How i should reinstall Windows 10 without lost my data? All my Data is in another HDD 1TB Drive 😧

Is possible just reinstall and fresh Drive C without lost another Disk Drive?

HP Recommended

@Sammoh 

You can perform a fresh install Windows 10 using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

to create ISO file then mount ISO file as DVD drive and run Setup from there.

mount.png

There is an option to keep all users data/programs, please tick that option, (it may already tick as default, but please check).

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.