Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-du1014tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp 15-du1014tu have some usb port and driver issue.

can't use two usb port continuously (usb mouse and flash drive) only flash drive work properly usb mouse can't move it's gets stuck always. 

my 128GB flash drive read speed is 100MB/s , write speed is 80MB/s. but for this laptop the write speed is 35MB/s.  

if I use only one usb port at the time for flash drive not for usb mouse then that time flash drive speed is upto 80MB/s. if i connect the mouse to next usb port then the speed is 35MB/s. 

Flash details - Kingston Elite G2

please rectify the usb port issue and driver issue. it's a terrible experience. it's waste of time also and have to wait for a long time to transfer the files from 1tb hdd to flash drive. 

i test this flash drive with other laptops (Dell and Acer) it's working upto 80MB/s speed.

Screenshot_20200812-145047_Gallery.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@David-91

Have you tried the USB flash on another Laptop?

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@David-91 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the USB port is not working.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the USB test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose USB and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

all test are passed, but the thing is speed problem. how can I rectify the file transfer speed issue.

HP Recommended

@David-91

Have you tried the USB flash on another Laptop?

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.