Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 15-r002se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my laptop [HP 15-r002se] all three (3) usb ports are not working nor even detecting that something is plugging, I tried troubleshooting techniques to conquer the problem by formatting the system and reinstalling windows 8 32bit where I end up with no success, because I can’t able to get the compatible drivers. I then switch to windows 7 64bit still usb ports not working. and finally format and install windows 10 64bit, I downloaded drivers from hp website, but unfortunately when I run the downloaded software sometimes nothing appears either to popup a message about error or continuation and sometimes it shows such kind of error after it finished extraction

soft screen.png

Lastly with the help of drivers pack I manage to install all required drivers but finally arrived with NO SUCCESS, still none of the usb port working. here is the screenshot of my device manager.

device manager screen shot.png

Please, I seriously need your help to resolve this problem because I am student, I can afford to buy another laptop sooner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mustapha_Musa,

I read your post and thanks for trying these steps. A brilliant job was done by trying these steps. Kudos to you on that score.It is a clear hardware issue with the unit. As the USB ports are faulty the motherboard has to be replaced. you will need to contact HP phone support in this regard to get the unit serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

The workaround, for now, is this: if you even have one USB port on the unit that works, then you could buy a USB port extender and connect it to that good working port.

Then you could connect other devices to the USB port extender. That way multiple devices could still be connected to the computer. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Thanks and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI @Mustapha_Musa,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you need assistance with the computer’s USB ports which are not working. It will be a delight to assist you.

At the outset, I am amazed at your awesome and splendid technical skills and expertise. It speaks volumes of your computer skills to check in device manager and install 3 different operating systems and update drivers. Such exhaustive and copious attention paid to detail is greatly appreciated. Hats off to you on a job brilliantly done.

We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you and regard you as a valued HP customer.

Please visit this link for further troubleshooting:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7037396/document/c0332763...

It is suggested that you downgrade to windows 8.1, as drivers for everything are available for it on our HP support  site page. Please visit this link for installing the chipset drivers, bios, and other drivers. Link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7037396

After this, if the computer’s USB ports do not work, then it could be a hardware issue with the ports which are integrated to the motherboard. Please run complete system diagnostics from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259  Please perform all the required steps and make a note of any failure code.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the computer works great.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i appreciated your support and i have install HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI). and diangnosed the USB port Test. end up with FAILED result.

FAILURE ID : 9LNH5W-7QX88X-XD7V6J-8D1V03

PRODUCT ID: G7F80EA ABV

HP Recommended

Hi @Mustapha_Musa,

I read your post and thanks for trying these steps. A brilliant job was done by trying these steps. Kudos to you on that score.It is a clear hardware issue with the unit. As the USB ports are faulty the motherboard has to be replaced. you will need to contact HP phone support in this regard to get the unit serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

The workaround, for now, is this: if you even have one USB port on the unit that works, then you could buy a USB port extender and connect it to that good working port.

Then you could connect other devices to the USB port extender. That way multiple devices could still be connected to the computer. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Hi @hi @Mustapha_Musa,

I thank you for your quick response and accepting the solution. You've been great to work with.Tremendous efforts and great troubleshooting were contributions from you as well.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to appreciate my efforts.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.