cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

USB ports not working for external memory devices

HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-cs1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 USB ports are 100% fine when a mouse or a keyboard is connected. But when connected to some programmable microcontroller or with a pendrive or an external harddisk , it doesn't work at all . Even conection with phone through USB is not possible.  Is it a hardware problem or can I solve it myself ?  Hope my problem gets solved soon. I have Done latest windows update on 5th sept 2020 (this is the first update I have done after buying laptop one year before since I didn't have internet access for it till yesterday).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
27,147 27,075 2,473 5,875
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sathvik-r-rao 

If this was a hardware issue, then the ports would not work with anything you connected -- including a mouse or keyboard.

This is almost certainly a driver issue -- as Win10 nearly always does NOT connect to a smartphone without the manufacturer's mobile drivers installed.

HP does not provide drivers for other hardware, so you would have to contact those vendors to see about getting drivers for their devices.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation